Nov 17 2011
Top 10 Fab Finds at The Market 2011
A belle had a ball at the Junior League of Birmingham’s Sneak Peek last night of The Market. Attendees were treated to wine tastings by Whole Foods, scrumptious goodies like greek chicken bites, Antipasto Kabobs, pulled pork sliders and more. My favorite was the white chocolate peanut butter bites!
The Market is a shopper’s paradise with 80+ vendors selling everything from Christmas ornaments to treats for foodies. There was a silent auction, a cupcake book signing and guests had a chance to win a diamond from Bromberg’s with a $10 donation for a glass of champagne. Tickets range from $12-$24 and benefit women and children in Birmingham. Buy your ticket today and do lots of shopping for a great cause! Below we’ve listed our top 10 fab finds at The Market in no particular order. Visit these vendors and say hello! Grab your shopping bag and take a look at our picks.
1. Rusty Rooster–(Wilsonville, AL) Don’t you just love this name? Rusty Rooster has magnetic boards and picture frames, along with other metal items. The owner, Sonya, is a sweetie pie and mega talented. Prices range from $2-$36.
2. Lil Seeds–(Birmingham, AL) Christy sells rings, necklaces and keychains made of vintage maps and books. Prices range from $20+.
3. Forrest Lights Frabbits Frippery–(Marietta, GA) The owner, Paulette, came up with the name from a saying her daughter said as a child. Her items were featured in Southern Living. Prices range from $18-$200+.
4. Pomegranate Moon–(Oland, AR) The vendor has “magic hats” and felt
flowers, wallets, etc. Prices range from $6-$20.
5. J. Allens–(Alabaster, AL) If you are looking for extremely cute Christmas tree ornaments, then this is a must stop. They’ve got everything from cards to decorations.
6. Silver Wear— (Woodstock, GA) A lot of pretty sterling silver and pewter jewelry
here ladies! You will find some fab unique watches here too. Sandra is very helpful and friendly. You will enjoy chatting with her–we sure did! Prices range from $10-$100+.
7. Company’s Comin’–(Hearne, TX) Sauce mixes where you add things like cream cheese/rotel to make them come to life. They are very tasty and seemingly easy to prepare. Prices ranges from $8.95-$20+.
8. Willa’s–(Madison, TN) This company was featured in Southern Living. They are very good and low in sugar! $4.25-$16+.
10. ** Sorry we were too busy talking we didn’t take a photo. There is a gift wrap company in the far back of the large room near the exit. The owner has extremely adorable gift boxes for $1 and gift wrap starting at $6! Talk about sweet!! Check him out.
Bring a friend, grab a bag and support a great cause while shopping! Tamika and I bought several items that we’ll share with you soon. Hope to see you there because we have more shopping to do!!!
The Market is located at Grand Cahaba Conference Center. Shopping hours: Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.