Oscars Talk & Fun with Fox 6
Hope y’all had a fab weekend because me and my other half surely did! In addition to seeing Al Jarreau‘s amazing performance at the Alys on Friday, Tamika and I were on Fox 6 News Saturday morning discussing how to throw a great Oscars party by keeping it simple without breaking the bank. To say we had a ball is an understatement!
We interviewed with Karen Church and she was a doll. For our non local readers, she’s the weekend anchor for Fox 6 and Tamika and I always talk about her style. It’s hip, yet still appropriate for television. Fox 6 is the place for news, always is and always will be!
Y’all wouldn’t believe how late we stayed up on Friday preparing all of our goodies that would be shown on TV in the a.m. We were giddy with excitement since Alabama is put on the map with Octavia Spencer’s nomination for Best Supporting Actress from The Help and The Barber of Birmingham being nominated for the Oscars. Gooo Alabama!
As you already know, we like to keep things simple, chic and inexpensive. I’m a frugal belle, so I love the challenge of throwing a party using a minimal budget. We came up with a simple menu and stuck to the color theme of the Oscars: Black/Gold. Tamika added the white platters for a pop of color.
Small plates are easy to serve at parties, and they typically don’t break the bank. Tamika and I came up with the following menu for a great southern Oscars party:
- Sausage Lollipops (sausages wrapped in crescent dough) we had garlic bbq sauce to dip them in
- Mini chicken bbq pizzas (we used Williamson Bros. garlic bbq sauce, cheese, herbs and spinach)
- Cream cheese/feta cheese bruschetta with basil (it adds the perfect pop of color)
- Red Velvet Cupcakes (our nod to Octavia Spencer’s nomination for The Help)
- Shimmy shimmy shake shake punch–it will make you shimmy and shake! (fresh strawberry lemonade with ginger ale)
- Spicy Popcorn (mixed with chili seasoning and cayenne pepper)
Comments To This Entry
7 comments on “Oscars Talk & Fun with Fox 6”
Pingback: » Fun Easter Craft Projects
Pingback: » Happy New Year!!