Frugal Fashionista Finds: Fall into Savings
Shirt: $9 (Walmart)
Shoes: $5 (Shoe Carnival)
Skinny Jeans: Avenue (hunted down in my closet)
Necklace, earrings, bracelet: $15
It’s Monday! Don’t be sad–it just means we all are closer to some beautiful fall weather! I cannot wait because this summer heat in the south is for real! Aren’t you excited to know that the leaves will be changing colors soon?! Some have already started to do so.
So, we have to know: have you started shopping for fall yet? Whether you have or have not, the sis and I have some great tips to share with you. Over the weekend we shared some tips with our Fox 6 viewers back home and wanted to share them with you too!
Y’all know we adore threads, accessories and more from high end to low end. I think I’ve told you before that mama always told us to pick quality over ticket price. Just because an item is inexpensive doesn’t mean it’s not great quality. With that said, let’s talk about some cute items we’ve scored recently.
Last week we’ve been digging in our closets (and recent shopping bags) to start dressing the part for fall. We figured if we are ready the cool weather will hurry. Fab logic… yeah, we know!!! Take a look at some frugal finds/tips we had to share!
5 things to know/remember when shopping for fall deals:
1. When purchasing fall trends, shop for pieces that you can easily wear in the winter. There is no need to spend a lot of money on clothes that may or may not be in style the following season. Pick and choose which trends you want to incorporate into your fall wardrobe. You may pick a trendy earring, jacket, top, etc.
2. Buy pieces that allow you to dress in layers.– This sleeveless shirt from Walmart can be easily upgraded with a cute blazer or bolero for a chic fall look. No? Layers are always cool!
3. Sign up for your fave store’s email list. Many times I’ve found that they will only send extra coupons/savings to their email subscribers (Coach is doing so right now. Do you have your 25% off coupon?).
4. NEVER stay loyal to one store. Shop around! When it comes to our money the sis and I shop for the best deals and that includes online, thrifting and at the typical brick and mortar store. Don’t be afraid to think outside of the fall fashion box.
5. Get to know employees because they are going to be your first and best source to upcoming sales/deals. Often times we’ve found out about sales before they’ve been announced because we befriend the employees. It’s great to have a sweet salesperson who is looking out for you. It makes shopping even more fun! Now that’s hot!!!
*Bonus: Check our press tab and watch our most recent vid–there are a few more tips we shared on air!
Soon we’ll breakdown the cost of some cute consignment items we wore last week. You won’t believe the cost of these items! Until next time you fall deal hunting fashionista you!!