By now our loyal friends know that a belle loves to travel. It keeps our minds sane and makes our heart flutter. Last year, I was blessed with the opportunity to see Dubai thanks to a glitch fare. In short, a glitch is an unexpected (el cheapo) fare honey!
Chile, I saw Dubai for less than a meal in NYC or even a plane ticket to my beloved 2nd home (ATL shawty!)
- Dubai is in the desert so BABYYYY it is hot there! I went in June with my ace and we were sweating bullets.
- Dubai is like Vegas times 1,000. Everything here is about glitz, glamour and excess. Many say Dubai is westernized, but it’s a city that’s forward thinking and fun! Save your coins and spend a lil.
- Try something different when you travel. We stayed in a DOPE hotel near the Saudia Arabian border (in the middle of nowhere) and took a cooking class. The food was yummy yummy and the class was fun! Pics to come later y’all.
- Visit the Dubai Miracle Garden…it is absolutely stunning! The garden is replete with greenery in various shapes (think Paris, peacocks, and more).
- You’re traveling abroad, so live a lil honey. You can drank the Henny at home, so experience some culture instead. Wander around the souks and ride on a dhow. Or better yet, ride a CAMEL! Look at us riding those ole camels!
Spices galore at a souk in Abu Dhabi
Below I am trying on beautiful dresses at the souks in Dubai. These dresses are great to rock at the Grand Mosque as ladies have to be COVERED from head to toe! More on the Grand Mosque to come.
Dubai is the land of excess so you can’t get enough shopping done here. Buy spices from all the Middle East in the souks of Old Dubai. Visit the Gold Souk and get gold jewelry at unbelievable prices.
Our trip to Dubai was full of luxury honey, so since we saved on the tickets we splurged in other ways. My girlfriend and I did a dope dinner cruise, and the food was incredible.
- Check out the Grand Mosque and see a people’s love for their Creator. Muslim or not, you should respect this building and will be left in awe. I’m a Christian but I appreciate different religions. Visiting the Grand Mosque was a beautiful experience. Enjoy a few of our pics & be sure to subscribe to see our next post where we’ll tell you the top 5 things to do in Dubai! Until next time.