Take these shackles off my heel wearing feet so I can dance, y’all. If you sweeties are following our social media channels (we hope you are!) then you already know who came to visit Atl yesterday: Tina & Erica Campbell!!!! Yes, the beautiful multi-Grammy award winning gospel divas Mary Mary came to give the public an exclusive screening of their season 3 hit WE tv show. *snaps fingers*
“I’m not a celebrity. Celebrities don’t show their weaknesses & shortcomings. God gets the glory in all of it.” –Tina Campbell
Do you watch? Honey, the sis I do & we love everything from Goo’s styling escapades to their cute mama who always knows best! Divas T & E, as I lovingly call them, are always showing they are real people behind the flashin’ lights. We’ve been rockin’ with them since day one. They are such a loving sweet fam & it’s easy to re-fall in love with them. In my head they are my fierce older, but wiser big cousins.
“God has a way of fixing things in a way that nobody else can.” –Erica Campbell
We were invited to a private reception prior to their screening. Now as grand as this was, the best part is that Mary Mary performed live afterwards. There’s no concert like a free concert (guests brought a can good to support The Atlanta Community Food Bank).
These fiercely dressed ladies had a lot of inspiration to give. A belle didn’t get to ask any personal questions as it wasn’t as (I thought it would be one-on-one) intimate–and was more of a q&a type gig. Nonetheless these sisters dropped many gems. Check out what they had to say below & check out the rest of our pics. Set your DVRs & be sure to watch the new season of their show on Feb. 27, 2014. ‘Kay? Good!
“Faith is faith. If I trust God in the front, then I trust him in the back.”
- Revealed: Their fam implemented “family prayers” as a result of 2013. Her soon to be released first solo album “Help” (latter part of March 2014) is everything she’s been through over the past year
- Had to adjust to singing/relying on her self while creating & missed the fun that she shared with her sister Tina during the process, but learned to lean on her own because of what God has given to her
- Balance & honesty is a must
- Revealed: “If I’m not ok I will tell you that I’m not ok, but I’ll get through it. Stay honest. Things don’t always stay the same.” She said if she’s not fine she’ll never say otherwise because it’s the truth
- Fit exercise in where you can. “The same way you change the oil in your car you have to change your body. It’s your temple, have the best temple.”
“As human beings we have to go through the fire. I’m human.”
- Revealed: This season we were more open to the public with something that’s always been close
- Don’t compete with media images that you have to be superwoman (in regards to whatever it is that you do i.e. mom, sister, wife, friend etc.)–it’s a lie. Be realistic so you don’t stress out. Decide where you want to shine & stick with it & give it your all
- Revealed: Work hours are from 10-2 & when she’s the most creative
- Eats healthy & her drink of choice is good old H2O. *laughs* “[Exercise] doesn’t find its way into my life… I still like my fried chicken & biscuits, but I mix it up with a kale salad & some nice berries.”
- To much is given much is required. If you want something different you have to do something you have never done
Look at the food y’all!
When I find some pics of them online I’ll post. I waited a long while for them to hit the carpet & had to leave. 🙁
I finally met this sweet lady in person. Follow/check out her blog for celeb news & more!
This line was wrapped around the World of Faith Epic Center. Loved seeing this! Will you be watching?
♥♥Love us? Like us? Then follow a belle!!!♥♥