This church is over 10K Feet ABOVE sea level & was beautiful! We’ll chat more ’bout this soon!
Well helllllo, y’all! Summer has sprinted outta here in Georgia and Fall is creeping’ in the scene with a slight gansta lean! Chile, it’s funny how lil ole Fall wants to TRY to roll up & it’s almost December!
A belle has been enjoying the foliage of beautiful red, orange & the bright yellows. I’ve been at peace & joyful, but sadly, this time of year is a reminder to some of what they think they do not have. Truth be told, you have A LOT sweet friends. You just have to focus on IT. Walk wit me….
I miss my old apartment this time of year!!
After a recent convo with my good friend back home, we started flapping’ our gums about the weather changin’ & ended up having a beautiful convo about God. You see, I was reminded that this time of year (I believe more so than any other) that the enemy, Satan, tries to hold our joy hostage & convince us that we have to feel lonely. Unfortunately, my friend is not close to her family at all. What I had to remind her is that the Lord blesses us with special people in our lives. We are never alone as our Father is always with us no matter who’s there & who isn’t there.
Friends hear a belle well….everyday is Thanksgiving & should be lived as such. Don’t let society fool you into thinking that it’s important to do good one or two times of the year.
SO. NOT. TRUE.
Sissy & I on a recent trip praying & praisin’!
Now let’s get something straight. You can be in a relationship & still feel lonely. Don’t get it twisted, honey. Sometimes our thoughts can be negative. These negative thoughts may even try to tap us on the shoulder & remind many of us that we don’t have family, friends, or even a boo to snuggle up with. Chile it’s a big fat ole lie. All we will ever need is God. Anything extra is a blessing waiting to happen.
Let’s talk about a few ways to keep positive as the leaves dance to the ground & the air is cooler. ‘Kay? Alrighty.
- Thank your creator (whomever it is) that you are alive & well because you are here for a reason.
- Surround yourself with loved ones. Don’t be fooled into thinking’ that family is considered your only source of love. Get out of your negative mind & meet new friends–Try Meetup.com (fun groups in your area), church or more. Case & point: My sis has met a ton of new friends on the Island she resides on. Chile, Shermika won’t tell ya this, but she has many sweet new friends who help her compact negative thoughts of missing me and the rest of the fam this time of year. She misses me so. Don’t tell her I said so & PLEASE don’t let her fool you. Ha!!
- Think positive. PERIOD. Even when there’s a storm around you. You have a choice. So choose wisely. It’s easy to think & be positive when your circle supports positive thinking.
- Think before you REACT!! What’s a true testament is how you think + react when your surroundings are less than ideal. When your surroundings seem lonely how will you react?
- Give praises to your creator when times are good & BAD. People always want to omit the bad/negative times, but the truth is that it rains on the just and unjust. Get ya umbrella & dancing’ rain boots ready.
Shermika & I want to send you positive vibes, love, & inspiration through our blog. Bare with us as we get back into our groove of writing, sharing, & exploring. We pray that each of you be renewed in joy & a new attitude this season and EVERYDAY. God has been too good for us all not to be. Until next time! Peace out.
–XOXO T & S